Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Chapter 5 Reflection

This chapter was ok. The first time I went to college, I was studying to be a computer science engineer. Although that stint didn't last long, I did retain some of the information. The video was more interesting. The impromptu study on how children can learn the internet and to figure out English without speaking it, was wonderful. I knew that children had it in them. Where were the parents? I would think that they would be wondering what their child was doing at the whole in the wall. The children probably learned more since there were no adults.
Right now I am checking out Tux Paint. It seems pretty cool. I will let you know more later.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting point about the parents. Since it is India and these were really poor kids I would think that the father and mother (if they were alive) were probably spending all their time trying to make enough money to get some food. India lives under a caste system, think of it like the old land owner/vassel system of the middle ages. The castes are very rigid, when they are born poor they usually die poor.

    ReplyDelete